AFC Portchester is looking for a new Match-Day Media Officer to join the club for the start of the 2017/18 season.
As Match-Day Media Officer you will be asked to attend all home and away matches during the 2017/18 season as a club official and as a club official you will be entitled to free entry to any ground at which AFC Portchester are playing at. This voluntary role is a fantastic opening for anyone looking to make their first steps into journalism or sports media, you’ll be asked to produce match reports, record post-match interviews with the Chairman and his staff and/or players and deal with other local and non-league media teams. Providing build up and live match updates via our social media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and conduct post match interviews.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills are essential, as is attention to detail and a flexible, creative approach.
- Understanding of social media
- Can easily commute to and from home games (own transport advantageous), as well as get to the majority of the away games, (traveling with the club)
- Have a passion for writing, preferably sports/football based
- Knowledge of football
- Understanding of the media environment, print, online and social media
- Able to provide a creative and innovative approach
The club would also ideally like someone who can provide additional content for the club website, such as videos of goals, although this is not essential
This is a great opportunity to add a great role to your CV, and help build your future career.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Paul Kelly email@example.com
Closing date 31st July 2017